Prius Prime Protects from High Gas PricesMay 16th, 2019
The 2020 Toyota Prius Prime is considered a solution to rising gas prices.
The 2020 Toyota Prius Prime is arriving in markets with many new upgrades and continues to protect drivers from price hikes at the gas pump. The vehicle will be available in U.S. markets this summer at the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the LE grade (US $27,600), the XLE grade (US $29,500) and the Limited grade (US $33,500). Currently, there is no news of when the vehicle will be available in Canadian markets.
The 2020 Prius Prime has the power to run in either EV20 or hybrid driving modes, with new upgrades like:
- 5-seater model;
- Standard Apple CarPlay, SiriusXM, and Amazon Alexa;
- Two additional USB ports for the rear passengers;
- Black interior accents to replace previous white accents for a more premium feel;
- A sun visor extender;
- A relocation of seat heater buttons for front seat passengers for easier usability;
- A new grade strategy that offers LE, XLE and Limited Grade.
Labelled as the most efficient Toyota hybrid yet, the manufacturer-estimated 22.9 km/l, with a 1,029 km total driving range and 40 km EV Mode20 driving range. The powertrain is a Toyota first, with a dual-motor drive system that improves acceleration in EV Mode for a fun drive.